People's Community Federal Credit Union provides home loans, mortgages, and home equity loans to members in Vancouver WA & Battle Ground WA

Home Loans

We have a home loan to fit your needs.

Vancouver WA | Battle Ground WA
Clark County | Cowlitz County | Skamania County

Your home is one of your biggest investments, so make sure you work with local people who listen to your needs. Whether you are buying a new home, refinancing your current mortgage, or planning home improvements, People's has you covered.

You can rest assured you'll always be dealing with the friendly staff at People's.

Mortgage Loans

We keep our mortgage products simple and provide you with an easy process. People's fixed-rate mortgages are available with terms of 10 years, 15 years, 20 years or 30 years, and you can borrow up to 80% of the current value of your home, or even more with one of our Home Equity Loan options. Your mortgage rate is fixed so you know your monthly payment never changes.


We don't sell our loans to other lenders and we handle everything locally through the life of your mortgage. At People's, everyone gets the same great mortgage deal, with affordable payments. You pay no points and minimum fees: typically less than $1,200 in closing costs.

To Apply...

Please visit your nearest branch location.

equal housing lender

Home Equity Loans

The equity in your home is the difference between its value and any outstanding mortgages. You can use that equity to finance home improvements, college tuition, or even a large purchase, such as a car or the trip of a lifetime.

We have two Home Equity products.

We charge no annual fee on either of our Home Equity Loans, and closing costs are low.


View the Home Equity Line of Credit disclosure.

The interest on this loan may be tax deductible, consult with a trusted tax advisor.

To Apply...

Please visit your nearest branch location.

equal housing lender

Guidance for Avoiding Foreclosure

If you are unable to afford your mortgage payments and wish to avoid foreclosure, there may be other options for you to explore.

  • Refinance: You may be able to refinance your loan at another lender with payments, terms, and fees that are more affordable
  • Sale of Your Home: You may be able to sell your home and repay your mortgage in full
  • Loan Modification: You may be able to lower your regular monthly payments through a modification of your loan by reducing the interest rate or changing the term of the loan
  • Assistance: You may qualify for government or private homeowner assistance programs

If you request assistance from us, we will need to evaluate whether that assistance will be provided. In order to evaluate your eligibility for assistance, please have the following documents readily available: current pay stub for each borrower, most recent two years W2s and complete tax returns, most recent two months bank statements, most recent tax assessment, copies of original deeds of trust and other liens on the property, and an itemization of your assets and liabilities.

If you wish to schedule a meeting for us to assess your financial ability to repay the debt secured by the deed of trust and explore options to avoid foreclosure, please contact the collections department immediately at (800) 252-6525 or (360) 695-5121. Our office hours are between 9:00 A.M. and 5:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.

You may feel you need help understanding what to do. There are a number of professional resources available, including home loan counselors and attorneys, who may assist you. Many legal services are lower-cost or even free, depending on your ability to pay. If you desire legal help in understanding your options or handling this default, you may obtain a referral (at no charge) from several different resources. You may contact the Department of Financial Institutions at (877) 746-4334, the Washington State Bar Association at (800) 945-9722, or the statewide civil legal aid hotline at (888) 201-1014, for possible assistance or referrals. If you would like to find a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certified housing counseling agency, contact HUD at (800) 569-4287. The Washington State Homeownership Information Hotline is 877-894-4663.