Debit and Credit Card Fraud
Debit and credit card fraud generally occurs when cards or card numbers are compromised. By following these simple guidelines your potential for loss can be minimized.
Tips for protecting yourself against card fraud
- Keep a list of all your cards including the account number and phone number to the issuing company.
- Review your card statement as soon as possible. Match charges with your receipts to ensure all charges are yours and are for the correct amount.
- Always sign a new card immediately.
- When making a purchase with a card, make sure you get the card back and the receipt. Check the receipt for accuracy.
- When using a card at a restaurant or store, make sure that all blank lines are marked through so that no one can change the final amount.
- Never sign blank card receipts.
- Only travel with the cards you plan on using.
- Never give the account number of the card over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- When making an order over the telephone, try to avoid using a cordless phone. Cordless phones messages can be easily intercepted by devices as unsophisticated as baby monitors and police scanners.
- Do not write the PIN for the account on the card.
Ready to speak about Security?
Questions about your account or our services? Our Member Services team is standing by.
How can I protect against credit card fraud? in Vancouver WA
Serving Greater Vancouver WA